Alphabet Table Cloth

I had my Writers's Party in mind when I bought this alphabet cloth.

I wanted it to be reversible so I backed it with this gentle floral pattern in blue.

This tutorial will probably be unnecessary for anyone who sews since it's really simple...I'm not an advanced sewer. This is actually a good sewing project for a beginner or older child.




Just like making a pillow, I sewed right sides together.



Leaving a small area big enough for my hand...



Then I pulled it through that hole to the right side.


Using a spoon, I pushed gentle at the corners (inside) to make them pointed.



Then ironed the edges.

And stitched the entire outside edge....this saved me from having to hand stitch the small section I left open and it gave the cloth a crisp edge.





I can use it on either side...blue floral or lettering.


I added some children's blocks that I'd painted white with red letters and set the table for lunch for my writers' group. To see all the decor from that day read: The Write Party.


This is one of my decor posts, but I'd love to have you subscribe to my 1-Minute devotions that I post each weekday. Click the red mug to do that.









9 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks awesome. The color really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo adorable - love the tablecloth!!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cloth -- love your tip of sewing around the outside edge -- I've never liked hand sewing the opening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tablecloth! I have been searching for sewing projects for my daughter for the summertime. This is perfect! Please stop by Family Fun Friday at mylifeasrobinswife.com. I co-host with HappyandBlessedHome.com. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a smart idea! I love this. And the blocks added to the tabletop are perfect. Love! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet idea - you did an amazing job - Love the last photo - I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first post on your blog and really it is just to say thanks for your Nice Post And Shairing
    You always pick such interesting i visit your blog regularly for updates!
    Loved your description of it.
    Thank you for picking this one.
    http://mp4mobilevidios.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...