A New Shower Curtain

Come on in! I believe we are each creative because we are made in the image of a Creative God. This time I'm featuring something creative and frugal:

$10 bathroom make-under

It all started with a discounted shower curtain from Marshalls...
For many years I've been using a beige Battenberg lace shower curtain for my guest bath. The picture below is from 4 houses ago and 13 years ago.  I had fun decorating that bathroom with a grass-green runner, baskets, bunnies and a little wooden picket fence along one wall. But it looks pretty bland and dated to me now...just like the shower curtain was looking. 


My current guest bath is a bit unusual with two doors and no windows. It has mauve walls, and I'd previously decorated with mostly brown and mauve, so I knew I'd need to add some blue highlights to coordinate with the new blue shower curtain. 

Below--Before:
Below--After
Besides the shower curtain, I didn't buy anything new...I just used things from other locations in my home. First I decided to hang a metal plate that I'd previously displayed on the vanity.

Then I added a blue-framed photo of my children taken about 35 years ago! To finish, I added one of my angels, a vintage tin, and glass beads. I know these are not typical bathroom decorations. Usually people use beach/water themed items, but I kind of liked doing something different.



I make jewelry, so I had these beads in my bead case. I thought they looked like sea glass and the colors were perfect, so I put them in a small dish.

on the back of the toilet, I put a beaded light blue placemat.

And I found this bead wreath in my table/candle decorations.

I kept the jar of sea shells on the counter because they are from our 40th anniversary trip to Croatia in 2010. But I decided to add my bendy art doll as a quirky touch that my granddaughters will enjoy.

Last, I put a "SWIM" sign above the toilet (or "MIWS" sign if you're reading it in the mirror!) I actually had it in my beach-themed bedroom. Since everything (except the shower curtain) came from somewhere else in my home, this make-under only cost me $10!

   

I'm so glad you visited my blog. If you want to check out my other creative posts, click HERE.

Have a blessed day, Gail


7 comments:

  1. That shower curtain is so pretty. I like how you incorporated more blue by adding the blue touches on your sink vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty! I love makeovers.
    Please come share you masterpiece at:
    www.mun-emakingblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Way to be resourceful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shower curtain. At first I thought it was a beautiful old tablecloth. That set my mind to working as I have some lovely old clothes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty makeover! Thank you for sharing your lovely post at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. I love this re-do..and so thrifty too! The shower curtain and the picture of your kiddos are my favorites :)

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday party :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful . . . and inspiring! I'm trying to decide how to decorate some rooms in my house without completely renovating the whole room. Your simple touches are great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...