Safe Cookie Dough

I found this recipe at Cup Cake Project, so the recipe is not original. But I shape and use the cookie dough a bit differently, and I thought you might like a tutorial, so here goes... 

Start with the best ingredients: 
2 Cups flour, 1/2 t. salt, 3/4 cup butter, melted, 1 Cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 Cup white sugar, 1 Tablespoon vanilla, 4 T. milk and one freckle-faced granddaughter helper. Well, actually, the granddaughter is optional, but the recipe is a lot more fun with her help.

(You might enjoy my post called "An Essential Ingredient")

Oh, yes, and I didn't show the chocolate chips ... we can't forget the chocolate chips!

I started making this because I like to have a treat on hand for my grandchildren when they visit (and they only live 5 minutes away).


I know this isn't a "health food" recipe, but it's better than most store-bought treats that contain chemicals, dyes, or high fructose corn syrup. 


 

And my granddaughters love to help make it as well as act as the official taste-testers.


When the dough ingredients are combined (you really need to use your hands for this), then I form it into a roll, wrap it in parchment paper, and put it in the frig to get firm.


Then, when it gets firm I slice it into individual cookies. You can also shape the dough into balls right from the bowl and skip this step. 

Next we put two each into plastic sandwich bags and put them in the freezer. The dough tastes nice when it's cold, and it also keeps it from spoiling if it doesn't get eaten quickly enough. And two is a good serving size for my grandchildren.


I'm not sure it looks so lovely, but it tastes wonderful. And often the second thing out of my granddaughter's mouths upon entering my house is "Grammy, can I have some cookie dough?"


We tried freezing it in balls at first, but they get a little too hard in the freezer.


I haven't done it yet, but I plan to cut this into chunks and use it as an ice cream garnish like cookie dough ice cream.



I'd love to have you leave a comment, and I'd love to have you check out my home page where I send subscribers a 1-minute devotion each weekday. Thanks for stopping by!     Gail





12 comments:

  1. Yum, I love cookie dough! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a very cute helper! Isn't it just wonderful having them so close by that you get to see them all the time! The joy of being a Grandma! Just stopping by from the GRAND Social Linky Party. Hope you get a chance to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, this looks great. I love raw cookie dough, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I cannot wait to try this! I've been searching forever for a good recipe and they never turn out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-link-up-26/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl’s Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! You had me at chocolate chips, lol! You need to do a blog post about your decorating and show some pictures of your home! I loved what I saw in the background of your family room! :) Totally serious here, my friend. I love decorating!

    Thanks for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this before, my kids are going love it. Welcome and thank you for sharing it on Fluster's Creative Muster Party. Now that you found our party I hope that you'll join us again on Wednesdays. Pinned.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did that! We made eggless cookie dough and cut it into tiny squares, then froze for ice cream. It's soo good. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks delicious! I can't wait to make this for my husband. He loves cookie dough. Thanks so much for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So no eggs, huh? Cool! We love cookie dough at this house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love cookie dough too, Richella, and we used to eat it with the eggs
      : )
      But this is safer and still really good.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Gail

      Delete
  11. Love the sweet smiles of your helpers! They're marvelous! What a terrific idea - everyone loves cookie dough! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...