Peach Cobbler

Cobbler, Crumb topping
I recently made this for a friend who loves peaches but doesn't love cooking. It's such an easy recipe that anyone can do it, and it's really delicious.

There are only 4 ingredients.

This is the recipe written on an old card I've had for years. You'll note that you can make it with fresh apples or peaches (healtier) or canned peaches, drained. Or you can use canned peaches and thicken the can juice with cornstarch to form a pie gel. But this time I used the simplest method: canned pie filling. 
 
For a single can of pie filling, you use a small pie plate. Spread the filling and top with the crumble topping.


You can use softened (better) or melted butter. Use real butter, not margarine.


I've often made this recipe with all or part whole wheat pastry flour which makes it healthier and it tastes just as good. But since I have trouble digesting whole wheat (this happens to many women after menopause), I used white.

 
My friend liked the cobbler and thought it was easy enough for her limited cooking skills. You can use any type of pie filling. I add a little cinnamon to the crumb topping when I make it with apples.


Obviously, it's better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, but it's pretty darn good just like this.

My husband ate about 3 servings the day I made it, but he ran that day and he's good about watching his weight. So he can get away with it : )

Update: I prepared a double recipe of peach and apple cobbler for 14 neighbors and received lots of compliments. I took a few pictures before they came below:

 

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out my home page devotions before leaving.
Have a blessed day! 
Gail
Matthew 4:4




 

7 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds and looks so yummy! I could eat some right now, and everything is better with ice cream, lol!

    Have to admit I never heard of anything about whole wheat and menopause! I must be doing o.k. so far though, no problems! ;) (Except the acid reflux that I have)

    Thanks so much for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delicious. I'll send you the bill for the drool on my keyboard. :-) Interesting about the wheat and menopause. I'll take all the hints I can get. Any solutions for hot flashes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail this looks just yummy and wow easy enough to toss together last minute. I love it. I have never visited before. Found you at Feathered Nest Friday. May God bless your blog ministry. In Christ! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail this looks delish!! I Pinned it so I'll have it just as soon as I get peaches :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious! I want a slice now. :) Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail I just found your lovely site this afternoon and I am so looking forward to getting to know you and being a new follower.
    I love your Bible Love Notes and have subscribed by email.
    This peach pie dish looks amazing and I can not wait to try it. I need something for this weekend so thank you for sharing this.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...