Hand-Made Tree

This little tree in my foyer is dedicated to special hand-made ornaments.


Several of the ornaments (like this one) are made by my good friend Cindy,  who does lovely handwork.


 Here's another example of Cindy's work. Next to it is a needlepoint snowman that my mother made in 1975. My mom has been with Jesus for 20 years now.

 This lovely tree topper is also handmade by Cindy. I love it. One reason I decided to put up this small tree is to remind me of past Christmases. Cindy and her husband spent Christmas with us about 30 years ago when we all lived in Mainz, Germany.


My sister Judy made this Happy Birthday Jesus embroidery. Usually these ornaments go on my main tree, but this year my granddaughters wanted my "fancy" Victorian tree, and these handmade decorations don't fit the theme.


When we lived in Budapest, I made these felt heart ornaments for our tree there. I know they don't show much skill, but I wanted something hand-made on my tree during those years we spent away from family. So I made these felt hearts while my husband read to me in the evenings.

This post is more of a personal album, but it was fun for me to prepared. And it reminds me that creativity is part of our hearts and souls because we serve a Creator God and we're made in His image. I am thankful not only for the handiwork of my good friends, but the handiwork of God in my life. And Christmas is a wonderful time to celebrate both!

If you aren't familiar with the main mission of Bible Love Notes, please check out my home page where I feature 1-minute devotions each weekday. I'd love to have you sign up for a free subscription HERE. Bless you! Gail 



6 comments:

  1. I really love your hearts! They are beautiful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your heart ornaments are charming, and a good idea for something I might want to make.

    Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so many wonderful memories of our years in Mainz! You and Cindy were such a blessing to me then and I am so happy to have your Bible Love Notes to bless me now --all these years later! I feel like I talk to you everyday! Thanks Gail...and Cindy too!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My memories of you and Jim in Mainz are all warm and wonderful too, Jane. So glad God made our paths cross. And thanks so much for your encouragement about BLN.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Blog Hop!
    Debi @ adornedfromabove.com
    Angie @ godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the felt ornaments! Thanks for linking up Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...