Cheesy Creamy Corn

Corn, gluten free, yummy

This is one of my favorite special day vegetable dishes. 


The recipe is actually gluten-free unless your creamed corn has gluten.
5 eggs, beaten
1-15 oz. can of cream corn
1-16 oz. package of frozen corn, thawed and drained
3/4 C plus 1 T. (13 T.) butter, melted
3/4 C corn meal
1 & 3/4 C. sour cream
13 oz. sharp cheddar, grated
2 cans green chiles (optional)



This recipe makes two medium-sized shallow casseroles and I put mild green chiles in one. Besides the cream corn and chiles, all of my ingredients were organic which is important when using corn ingredients since so much corn in the U.S. is GMO. I actually bring back corn meal and corn flour when I go to Hungary where they don't allow GMO corn.


Mix all ingredients well and pour into a shallow greased dish or pie plate. 




Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until set and starting to brown around the edges.



This is the finished casserole without chiles.



It has a nice little crusty edge but it's moist and flavorful.



The green chiles add just a little extra flavor or you can add hot chiles for a zing.


This was my favorite dish at Thanksgiving this year. 


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and while you're on my site I'd love to have you check out my homepage and sign up for a free subscription to my 1-minute devotions.
God bless you,
Gail



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...