Thursday

Quick Lunch




This is a make-ahead recipe that will make a nice lunch, quicker than a sandwich to heat up. It's dairy and gluten free, low in calories with a healthy dose of protein and fiber.  It's not especially gourmet or creative, but "wholesome." I started eating it when I was on a 6 week diet that had to be free of soy, gluten, sugar, dairy, additives and gmos. And I kept eating it after going off the diet because I like it. 


I used an organic green pepper and onion. It's especially good to use an organic pepper since it's one of the "dirty dozen" - produce most contaminated by pesticides. The onion, on the other hand is one of the least affected, so buying organic onions is not as important.
 
I chopped the onion and pepper, using half of the large onion and all of the pepper.


Then I sauteed the onion and pepper with 1 Tablespoon of virgin coconut oil. I like to cook mine on low heat, slowly. 

Then I added 1 pound of grass-fed ground beef...


And sauteed the burger with the onions and green peppers.
 
I cooked quinoa according to the package directions. But you could use rice or small noodles if you prefer.

I like mine with a pat of butter and a little salt, accompanied by a salad of field greens, pecans, white basalmic vinegar and olive oil (not shown).


 I make up enough for several meals and put it in mason jars in my frig. 

Then when I need it, I pull it out and heat it on the stove or in the microwave. This is a meal that an older child could easily prepare for the family.




So what do you think? Sound like something your family would like?



Thanks for stopping by. While you're here, I'd love to have you check out my home page where I send subscribers a 1-minute devotion each weekday. Bless you, Gail 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...