Jean Pocket Coasters

My January Vintage Child Mantle
I'm so thankful that we serve a creative God who made us in His image. We are creative because our Father is creative. I love that.  So please come on in to my home..

One thing I've always enjoyed is denim. I like the texture and the variety of colors and the way it ages. 

And I've learned to recycle old jeans into a number of useful items. This is one. 

Jean Pocket Coasters

I've used them for years. They're practical and fun. 
  


All you need is old jeans--the ones you've outgrown or those with holes in the knees (holes that are too big to be stylish). You can even buy old jeans at thrift shops...just look for ones with good pockets. And you can use the rest of the jeans to make purses, quilts or place-mats.


I simply cut them from the jeans, not worrying about frayed edges. 
This coaster is shown on one of my Old Trunks next to one of my Vintage Book Page Box. 



I cut both layers of the pockets for added absorption. That also makes them good for hiding small toys...just ask my grandchildren.

While you're here at Bible Love Notes, why not sit a spell and visit my home page which features one-minute devotions?   Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. That is a fun way to use old jean pockets!! Brilliant.

    thanks for linking up to the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through Lady Bugs with Zoi's linky party. What a fun blog post. May need to try some of these ideas. :) They could make great gifts as well. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love fun coaster ideas and love denim, so these are perfect! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this creative idea! So practical and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I have a bunch of jeans that I am going to cut today because I have broken a lot of glass coasters over the years. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail,
    What a cute idea. I can do these for my family room. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh I just this week started making these myself and have a blog post in the que to post about it too. LOL I love everything denim and I don't sew - not one little bit. This was the PERFECT project for me and so cute.

    ~Taylor-Made Ranch~
    Wolfe City, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thrifty idea! Thank you for linking to the HomeAcre Hop. I hope to see you back this week: http://everythinghomewithcarol.com/the-self-sufficient-homeacre-hop-5/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose this for my featured post this week. Make sure you come by and grab the button. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...