Christmas Here and There

I've done a number of Christmas posts this year (2012) featuring my Christmas trunk, Nativity Trunk, Doctor's Trunk and Victorian Tree, but this one is all the decorations I missed. 

This is in my dining area on my buffet with open book, Rustic Nativity, and my old Hungarian typewriter which says: "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us John 1:14"--telling of the wonderful birth of our Savior, Jesus.


Near my entry is an antique oak desk and I stacked some old boxes and suitcases on it, added a Russian Father Christmas, a Czech angel, old hymnal and some red beads.


I love old boxes and suitcases. The brown cosmetic case behind Father Christmas was my mother's beauty case. She was a beautician and this is where she kept her permanent rods, combs, etc.



I bought this hand carved Father Christmas in Budapest but it was made in Russia. 




And here's this year's Christmas mantle.




A collection of various items...











These wonderful, handmade stockings are a gift of love from my mother-in-law. She has made one for each of our family members, and they are exquisite. Love 'em! Love her!


Well, I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of my eclectic decor this year, and I hope you'll check out my home page that features 1-minute devotions. Why not sign up for a free subscription and receive "an espresso shot of Scripture in your morning latte"?

Blessed Christmas! 
Gail  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Blog Hop!
    Debi @ adornedfromabove.com
    Angie @ godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! I love the stockings. Thanks for linking up Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...