Monday

Did I Tell You My Brother is a Song Writer?

Church in an old theater in Budapest, Hungary
Fifteen years ago, my husband and I slept on the floor of an old-grocery-store-turned-into-a-church in inner city Denver, CO.  


We were there with a group of other Christians doing a week of street ministry.  During that time, we met the church worship leader, a humble man named Jude Del Hierro.  Jude wrote the popular praise song “More Love, More Power.”


Last fall while attending a service at an old-theater-turned-into-a-church in inner city Budapest, Hungary, the praise band began playing “Több erőt, több szeretetet” which is Hungarian for “More Love, More Power” (literally, it’s “More Power, More Love” but it’s the same song).

Sometimes I am amazed at how similar and diverse my family is…the family of God, that is.  


There I was, an American woman visiting from North Carolina listening to my Hungarian brothers and sisters in Budapest sing a song written by our Hispanic brother from inner city Denver, Colorado.  


“And they sang a new song to [Christ, the Lamb of God] with these words:‘You are worthy...your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.’”   Revelation 5:9 


My God has ransomed men, women and children from every tribe, language, people and nation, and I’m one of them!  We are brothers and sisters adopted by the same Father. In Christ, we speak the same “language” whether it comes out “More love, More Power” or “Több erőt, több szeretetet.” WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...