God's Commands Empower Us!

God's Commands Empower Us! John 15:9-10

Rules!

We overlook them, sidestep them, ignore them, and rebel against them.

As a writer I must constantly be aware of English grammar and punctuation rules. Or perhaps I should say American grammar and punctuation rules since they vary slightly from one English-speaking country to another.

What it means to remain in God's Love John 15:9-10
When surveyed, a group of well-known writers agreed that grammar rules were sensible, necessary, and even "empowering."(1)

And that brings me to God's "rules" for life.

Have you ever thought about the purpose of God's commands? 

They're not only sensible, loving, and necessary, they're also empowering.

Even more important: they aren't man-made. They're inspired and designed specifically for our benefit.  So let's never ignore, excuse, or doubt them.

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love." John 15:9-10

based on a devotion first posted in 2012
(1) Mark Garvey, Stylized, Simon and Shuster, New York, 2009, p. 46.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to think of rules as empowering. Thanks for pointing this out. God's rules and judgments for breaking them are topics of a conversation with a family member. This comes at the perfect time.

    ReplyDelete