Didn't Want To Do It, But Did It Anyway


This 1-minute devotion explains how "moving in the opposite spirit" can heal your heart even if it doesn't heal others' hearts. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

 God can use a stingy person to change our hearts...

 She was stingy and inconsiderate... again. 

I thought of ways I could be stingy in return.  Then I read this verse: 
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. ~ Romans 12:21
It took a while to get my mind wrapped around God's words and realize it wasn't right to treat her the same way she'd treated me.

But I was having trouble forgiving her, and that's why I think God prompted me to go one step further. 

Why not move in the opposite spirit and be generous toward her?  

So I thought of something generous to do and did it.

It's interesting--my generosity didn't change her...but it changed me--I felt better and I was able to forgive.  

I thought I was blessing her, but I was actually blessing myself! 

These Scriptures confirm this wonderful truth: Proverbs 11:24-25 and 2 Corinthians 9:6.  
--------------------

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.
 
 
This 1-minute devotion explains how "moving in the opposite spirit" can heal your heart even if it doesn't heal others' hearts.



This 1-minute devotion explains how "moving in the opposite spirit" can heal your heart even if it doesn't heal others' hearts. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Gail. This was a blessing to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I really needed to hear this today. I have been struggling with a family member for a long time. I keep flip-flopping between forgiving and holding a grudge. Please pray for me that I can do more and do better.

    ReplyDelete