6 Reasons to Pray Colossians 1:9

6 Reasons to Pray Colossians 1:9 - It's a fantastic Scripture to pray for yourself and others and this 1-minute devotion explains why. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Scripture gives us some wonderful verses to pray. 

For example, there's a great prayer to pray for yourself and your loved ones in Colossians 1:9-14 asking God to "give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding."  

Paul explains the purpose of this prayer:

1. So we'll live lives worthy of the Lord - v.10.
    (Matthew 10:37-39).

2. So we'll please Jesus in every way - v.10.
    (Ephesians 5:8-17). 

3. So we'll bear fruit in every good work - v.10. 
    (Ephesians 2:10).

4. So we'll grow in knowledge of God - v.10. 
    (Jeremiah 9:23-24; Proverbs 9:9). 

5. So we'll be strengthened with God's power - v.11. 
    (2 Corinthians 12:9).

6. So we'll have endurance, patience, and thankfulness - v.11-12. 
    (Romans 5:3-5). 

And why do we want to pray for these?

Because God "has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins." (Colossians 1:13-14


Wow! If that doesn't knock your socks off, I'm not sure what will.
------------------


You might also enjoy these 1-minute devotions:

5 Ideas for More Effective Prayer

Passages and Prayers

6 Good Prayers from the Epistles

------------------------
Don't miss today's Bite Size Bible Study on this devotion.

https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or Amazon.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.


6 Reasons to Pray Colossians 1:9 - It's a fantastic Scripture to pray for yourself and others and this 1-minute devotion explains why.



6 Reasons to Pray Colossians 1:9 - It's a fantastic Scripture to pray for yourself and others and this 1-minute devotion explains why.



6 Reasons to Pray Colossians 1:9 - It's a fantastic Scripture to pray for yourself and others and this 1-minute devotion explains why.

11 comments:

  1. Reading the God's word (every other day)I find myself reading something and I keep going, and in all honestly "it's really helped me deal with me from the inside first". Thank you I really enjoy your site. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy my site and I'm so glad that you love God's Word enough to read it regularly. Keep it up! ☺

      Delete
  2. As a mom to 5 special needs children, I am always pressed for time. For a long while daily devotions were the last thing on my mind. But I love God heart and soul. And I felt empty and tired. He patiently waited for me. I'm not perfect, but trying my best to have a few minutes for praise and worship. I need Him more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “For example, there's a great prayer to pray for yourself and your loved ones in Colossians 1:9-14 asking God to "give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since I started committing my prayers at 3am and constantly my life changed my son and my husband am so grateful to God and I love reading this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently discovered the first three chapters of Colossians...so powerful. Thank you for the way you drew special attention to 1:9-13.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this last night, and thought to myself, i should pray this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very encouraging scriptureto pray: Praise the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  8. The word of God is the way the truth and life and the best to live for amen

    ReplyDelete