I discovered that:
- 90% of the hair on our heads is growing; 10% is resting.
- We average 100,000 hairs on our head, approximately 1000 per square inch of scalp.
- Blondes may not have more fun, but natural blondes have more hair than people with other colors.
- Hair grows faster than any other body tissue, except bone marrow.
- The average life of a hair is 4-7 years.
“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31copyright 2012, Gail Burton Purath
Interesting Hair Facts
Image: Graeme Weatherston / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Have you read about the time a dermatologist told me I might lose all of my hair? Read it HERE.