Share devotions & images on social networks using the buttons below each post which links them to Bible Love Notes. Any other use requires permission. Thanks!

Friday

Not a Minute to Spare!

Are you a young mom without a minute to yourself, a student or working person with a demanding schedule, or a grandma who can’t believe how quickly the days pass without prayer and Bible study? 

Ephesians 5:15 says, “Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity…”

Whatever our stage of life, we must “be very careful” to grow in the Lord and “make the most of every opportunity.”

Here's some ideas:
  • Put Bible passages on sticky notes on your bathroom mirror, above your kitchen sink, or wherever you'll see them often.
  • Keep a pocket-size Bible in your purse, coat or computer case for easy access.
  • Keep prayer requests on 3x5 cards near your desk, kitchen counter, or in your pocket to read whenever time allows.
I'd love to hear your ideas for taking advantage of opportunities! Leave a comment on Bible Love Notes, and I may share your ideas in a future devotion.
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
Az üzenet magyar fordítása itt található. This devotion is translated into Hungarian, see A szeretet üzenete.


Another way to stay in God's Word is to subscribe to Bible Love Notes and get a 1 minute devotion each weekday morning in your email box ... like an espresso shot of Scripture in your morning latte.  
 
For free email delivery of Bible Love Notes

Enter your email address and validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox when you subscribe.

LISTEN to this devotion below. If you can't get the audio on Internet Explorer, try another browser. 
Subscribers need to click the link in the title and come to the Bible Love Notes site. Thanks.

18 comments:

  1. Gail,
    I am on the road a lot these days, it seems. I like to multi-task so I keep an audio book (usually something spiritual or self-help) in my car to listen to as I travel. I have read a lot of books during this time that I would not have had at home. I also take a book with me if I have a doctor's appointment. Another good opportunity to use some quiet time wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great ideas, Ann. I love ways to keep my thoughts on God throughout the day. I have a Kindle so I have good reading with me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an iPod user when doing laundry, dishes or cleaning. I love the Revive Our Hearts podcast or Grace to You. Their messages are short and packed with truth to make the most of that time. Love the reminders Gail to keep notes everywhere - we have scripture taped up all over our house and I have to be mindful to take the moment to read it and ponder it and memorize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listening to podcasts is a great way to multi-task and keep God-focused, Marci. Thanks for sharing it. Sometimes when I've been going through an especially difficult trial, I've put scriptures all over so no matter where I looked I was reminded of God's truth instead of my negative thoughts. Like you, I know it makes a difference.

      Delete
  4. I keep a few scripture books next to my Bible which is usually on my night stand. If for some reason my Bible is moved, I have those to read and hide in my heart. I also keep scripture cards in my car. Just some other things I do to be in the Word throughout my day. Thank you for sharing this Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always had the radio on to Bible studies or CD's when I drove, but these days it seems I just prefer the quiet.....I guess that's how it is when you get older. Thanks for linking with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gail! I do keep a little paperback in my purse with prayers and Scripture. I also keep some paper in there...you never know when the pastor is going to say something that just cuts right to your heart! I like to write those down!

    Coming from Unite!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gail, I definitely have to make notes of prayer requests!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail, you were my neighbor on Wedded Wednesday. I have a "chubby book" that holds index cards of all my prayers for the day, prayers on demand (urgent requests from folks), and also a scripture from that day. I also have a theme for that day to pray over that group and it ties it all together. The cards are written out usually a couple weeks in advance with the exception of the PODs and I keep the index cards filed. It is a great way to track how God answers our prayers. Okay, you can all laugh at my OCD prayer life now, LOL. I am always organized, always have scripture to memorize and pray over for people, and you would be amazed how God uses these themes and scriptures at just the right time in people's lives! Try it.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your system, and while it may not work for everyone, it will work for some. I'm so glad you shared it. I think it's good to share ways to keep our minds focused on the Lord.

      Delete
  9. I also use index cards on which I have a verse written that is currently speaking to my heart. I keep it in a picture frame on the window sill by my sink so I see it often. It has often amazed me the hope I find as I read it while doing the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great idea. I love practical things like this that keep us focused on the Lord. Thanks for sharing it.

      Delete
  10. We were on the Wedded Wednesday linkup this week together.... love the idea of a place to find short thoughts to think about daily! :) My husband is memorizing scripture right now using the system developed by Robert Morgan. I took the 101 passages he is memorizing and printed them out on business card size paper, laminated them and he places his verse in his jean pocket or wallet and it doesn't get ruined. IT only took me an hour or so to do but it the rewards are eternal. I should probably write a blog post about this and share my printouts, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your idea and how practical you made the cards (even waterproof). I definitely think you should share it on your blog.

      Delete
  11. I love to keep Bible verses and inspirational quotes in places where I look daily, Gail. So I'm right there with you on the importance of this. And one other way to do this is by putting them in the note app on a smart phone--for those who have one. I know I keep lots of inspirational notes there and I almost always have my phone with me for a quick reminder. Thanks for encouraging a dependence on God's word in the every day of our lives. It's so powerful and often not encouraged nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas, Beth. I love hearing ideas for keeping our minds focused on Christ.
      Thanks,
      Gail

      Delete
  12. I am learning to use technology -- having my Bible on my iPhone allows me to read a passage easily when I'm waiting in a doctor's office or other place. Redeeming "wasted" time is a biggie for me, and I can't think of a better way to redeem it than by spending time in the Word.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All Scripture references NIV unless otherwise noted.